Butternut squash gnocchi recipe created for Kerrygold UK
Working with Kerrygold’s brand team, we had a full understanding of their target market, which allowed us to create a recipe and photograph a dish that appealed to their consumers.
I love this vegetarian dish, as it’s quick and easy to make, but oh so tasty.
- 1 butternut squash, halved, deseeded and cut in to pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- A handful of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Up to 4 tbsp of plain flour
- 100g grated parmesan
For the sauce
- 150g of Kerrygold salted butter
- A handful of sage leaves
Pre-heat the over to 200˚c
- Tip the squash in to a roasting tray. Toss with garlic, thyme and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes until soft and leave to cool slightly.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, remove the flesh and use a spatula to force it through a fine sieve.
- Tip the purée in to a bowl and season with salt and pepper then mix in the egg, flour and parmesan. You should have a soft pliable dough, if it’s too wet add more flour until it’s the right consistency.
- Take a third of the dough and on a floured surface, roll in to a long strip about the thickness of your thumb. Cut the strip into little pillows about 3cm long, then press each one gently with the back of a fork. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then drop in the gnocchi in batches. Cook until they float, then give them a minute more before scooping out and putting them in a bowl of iced water. Drain well once they’re all cooked.
- To serve, heat a grill at a high temperature and melt the Kerrygold butter in a large pan until sizzling. Throw in the sage and let it sizzle for a minute before tossing through the gnocchi.
- Tip into a heatproof dish, scatter with parmesan and flash under the grill until browned, then serve and enjoy immediately.
Images were shot on location in Cheshire and used across Kerrygold UK’s website and social media channels.
There are many ways to create engaging food and drink videography, and luckily, we have the facilities to help you do so. Contact the team and we’ll have a chat to see what works best for your brand, products, and strategy.Contact us
See more insights
All the insights you need to drive your marketing strategy and communications.