Yoghurt Chapter 1: Roasted beetroots and tahini dressing
Trust me, there are many wonderful things that can be made with yoghurt. It’s fantastic to bake with. My quick and easy flatbreads are a must to try and the recipe for it will be coming up soon! But when it truly comes into its own is marinading. Any meat left overnight with some spices and herbs mixed into yoghurt is remarkable. You must try it if you don’t already do so. It’s exceedingly tender due to the calcium in the yoghurt reacting with the proteins in the meat – I do love some food science!
Here is a really easy recipe using roasted beetroot – which is currently in season. Caramelised beetroot is so fantastic, try and make it the star of the show instead of a side dish-you won’t be disappointed!
Roasted beetroots with tahini yoghurt
For the beetroots:
- 5 medium red and yellow beetroots, washed and tops trimmed
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 150ml thick plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sprigs of fresh mint, thyme and pine nuts for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Cut the beetroots in halves or quarters and place each colour in two separate, large pieces of foil. Place in a roasting dish and fold in the sides. Add ½ a cup of water to each and season with salt and pepper. Seal tightly and roast until tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- In a large serving bowl spoon out the yoghurt and lay in the roasted beets, sprinkle with the fresh herbs and pine nuts.
- Serve immediately, enjoy!
There are many ways to create engaging food and drink videography, and luckily, we have the facilities to help you do so. Contact the team and we’ll have a chat to see what works best for your brand, products, and strategy.Contact us
See more insights
All the insights you need to drive your marketing strategy and communications.