Lockdown is the new Lock-in: Best Recipes for a Virtual Bottomless Brunch
Layered Chia Pots (Recipe created for Stoves)
A whole load of healthy goodness, in a pot. Get a head start and make these the night before and enjoy this scrumptious pot straight out of the fridge.
- 400ml of oat milk
- 100g chia seeds
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- A drizzle of honey
- 1 pack of strawberries and raspberries
- 3 tbsp of granola
- Get some medium sized glasses or pudding pots ready to fill.
- In a bowl add the oat milk, chia seeds and yoghurt, then mix and combine well.
- On a plate lightly mash up half the raspberries and half the strawberries together.
- Now time to layer, alternate the fruit and chia mix until you just reach the top, leaving an inch gap for the morning.
- Pop these in the fridge overnight to set up.
- In the morning, top with more fruit, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkling of granola.
Made with maple syrup, salty butter sauce, choc chips and topped with crispy bacon, find out how to make these rich and indulgent pancakes here. Leave out the chocolate chips for a more savoury version.
Delicious Baked Bananas (Recipe cooked up for Stoves)
Start the day right with this rum infused, creamy, banana delight. Your ‘1 of your 5 a day’ has never tasted so good!
- 4 bananas, unpeeled
- 200g chocolate, broken into pieces
- Handful of mini marshmallows
- A splash of rum (for the adults)
- Whipped cream to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut each banana lengthways with the skin on – be sure to not cut all the way through.
- Sprinkle the broken chocolate and marshmallows over the top of each banana. You can add a small amount of rum if you like.
- Fold a square piece of foil over each banana to make a package and leave a slight gap for air to circulate while cooking.
- Add some whipped cream onto your banana for extra decadence and enjoy straight from the foil.
Home-baked Healthy Flapjacks (Recipe created for Stoves)
The perfect treat, using up any seeds and dried fruit that you have in your cupboards.
- 170g rolled oats
- 70g desiccated coconut
- 70g mixed seeds
- 50g dried fruit
- 170g coconut oil
- 5 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 9 x 12” baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a saucepan.
- Add all of the other ingredients into a large bowl and mix through. Pour the coconut oil and honey mixture into the bowl and stir well to make sure everything is coated.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes, until just starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Leave to cool and then cut into bars.
- Flapjacks will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Perfect British Scones (Recipe whisked up for Belling)
Scones aren’t what you’d typically find on a bottomless brunch menu, but they’re just irresistible and it’s the perfect time to get baking. You can freeze any leftovers for another time – simply wrap them individually and take them out as you want one.
Makes: 10 scones
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g butter softened and cubed
- 25g castor sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150ml milk
- 50g mixed dried fruit
- 1 egg whisked for brushing the tops
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c.
- Grease and line a baking tray.
- Add the flour, baking powder and sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Next incorporate the butter into the mix using a spoon.
- Add the dried fruit and mix again.
- Then pour in the milk, mix through quickly but be careful not to overwork the dough.
- Pop your nice soft dough onto a well-floured surface and roll gently to 2 inches thick, using a round cutter cut out the scones and lay on the tray.
- Brush on the egg wash and pop in the oven for 7-10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
Wash it all down with…
Enjoy and have a wonderful bottomless brunch this Bank Holiday!
Like what you see? For any recipe development enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many ways to create engaging food and drink videography, and luckily, we have the facilities to help you do so. Contact the team and we’ll have a chat to see what works best for your brand, products, and strategy.Contact us
See more insights
All the insights you need to drive your marketing strategy and communications.