Tomato and Sardine Tagliatelle
Recipe rustled up and shot for Love Canned Food.
This is a great recipe to make the most of what you’ve got in, from any canned ingredients and cupboard stowaways, to fresh veg that needs using up (like over ripe tomatoes). I’ve called on chopped tomatoes, tinned sardines and tagliatelle, but you can use any canned or fresh veggies, any other fish and of course any pasta – you can’t really go wrong!
- 300g tagliatelle
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 400g can of cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 75g black olives
- A handful of basil leaves chopped
- 120g can sardines in tomato sauce, broken into pieces with a fork
- A little grated parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Add the tagliatelle to a large pan of boiling, salted water. Cook for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, fry the onion in the oil for 5 mins until soft. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the canned cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes. Bring the sauce to the boil, before reducing the heat and letting it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the olives, half of the basil leaves and stir through the sardines.
- Season the sauce with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Strain the cooked tagliatelle and mix with the sauce.
- Serve with the remaining chopped basil and some grated parmesan if you wish.
Quick Enquiry Form
When you visit us in Manchester
Travelling by train? We’re a short walk from the station or you can find more information on parking below.
We have free parking available on site (M4 5JW) but, spaces are limited. Day parking is available on Goulden Street just round the corner.
When you visit us in Leeds
Day parking is available nearby with free on street parking available for 4 hours on Cherry Row and reasonably priced parking on Macaulay Street and Mabgate via an app called ‘Park Mobile’.